Great Lake Sport Car Club Monthly Meeting Minutes
3/7/2019 | Meeting called to order by Brandon Bockrath at 7:11pm
Brandon Bockrath, Randy Brehmer, Dick Eisemann, Glenn Farrell, Matt Gerdisch, Andy Gesch, Tera Gesch, Gary Glojek, Mark Greenisen, James Hilyer, Mark Langer, Alex Langer, Steve Mente, Gary Pusch, Jim Radmann, Paul Rembas, Rick Rollo, Jeff Trudell, Bruce Volbrecht, Daryl Wessel, David Wessel, Lauren Wessel, new member Ken Watry, Bob Wagner.
Approval of Minutes
Febuary meeting minutes Approved.
Treasury and Membership Report
Matt Gerdisch reports a stable treasury to date. Did not include money from the banquet.
74 members, 49 have renewed for 2019
Board of Directors Report
The breakdown of last months BOD meeting is as follows:
- 2019 budget was approved
- Sanction fees will be the same
- NA tires and Racequip will be returning sponsors and possibly adding Black amour helmets and Zamp.
- Confirmed Autobahn event, HSAX only, for July 20th
- 2019 preliminary schedule released
April 27th, 28th Drivers school and first W2W race at Blackhawk Farms Raceway
May 25th, 26th, 27th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway
July 5th, 6th, 7th at Blackhawk farms Raceway
July 20th at Autobahn Country Club
August 23rd, 24th, 25th at Milwaukee Mile
September 28th, 29th at Road America
October 19th, 20th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway
- Still discussing removing medical requirement for licenses, and Still waiting on insurance company for rates for the season.
- Updates to driver safety from the competition board, everything needs to be SFI or FIA rated HANS devices will be required these rule changes to be in effect for the 2020 season, some unnecessary language was deleted for clothing and for belts in the GSR.
Midwestern Council still needs some positions filled for the season
Chief of impound
Chief of safety
Race staff Director
Thanks to everyone who made it out to the banquet
Our top five membership points winners were David Wessel, Lauren Wessel, Bruce Volbrect, Paul Rembas and John Erwin, Brandon Bockrath
Member of the year was Paul Rembas
Driver of the year was Tazio Stefanelli
Autocross driver of the year was Brandon Bockrath
Daryl Wessel earned our newly minted Elmer and Pauline Goertz sprit award.
Race Committee Report
Race committee just had their first meeting, regarding our event at the Milwaukee mile we will have a similar set up as last year with the addition of a test and tune on Friday.
Website updates, and progress.
We had a couple new members show up and introduce themselves. Ken Watry from Fredonia, he bought a Camaro from Tim McCarter and plans to hopefully race with us this year. And Rich Weaver who is a instructor for PCA and looking to get his W2W license.
4/4/2019, Machine Shed restaurant, 7:00pm
Motion to adjourn was made at 7:51 p.m. and was passed unanimously.